Saturday, 15 August 2020
7.00pm – 8.00pm | Online Event
This event is a pre-recorded event and will be broadcast on this page at the stated date and time above. All of our 2020 Festival events will remain on our website after the initial release, for our audience members to come back and enjoy it again.
Coming to us from his home in Arizona, Irish pianist Cathal Breslin presents a programme of solo piano highlights, including music by Beethoven as we mark this 250th anniversary.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 – 1827)
6 Bagatelles, Op.126
1. Bagatelle in G major: Andante con moto, Cantabile e compiacevole
2. Bagatelle in g minor: Allegro
3. Bagatelle in E flat major: Andante, Cantabile e grazioso
4. Bagatelle in B minor: Presto
5. Bagatelle in G major: Quasi Allegretto
6. Bagatelle in E flat major: Presto – Andante amabile e con moto– Tempo
Manuel De Falla (1876 – 1946)
Sergei Rachmaninov (1873 – 1943)
Variations on a Theme of Corelli, Op.42
Cathal Breslin has been praised worldwide as one of the most exciting pianists of his generation with critical acclaim such as “superb intensity and passion” (Cleveland Plain Dealer), “energized and energizing” (Belfast Telegraph), “a deep connection to the music” (Tampa Oracle), and “noble poetry” (The Independent, London).